Sunday, 3 August 2025

Ladder Hill loop

Yesterday morning I was out in the kayak again, in the quarry again, cleaning up again. One airbed, one dead buoy, one fire extinguisher, all pulled out and taken to the tip. That doesn't sound like much but towing a dead airbed across the quarry is bloody hard work as they tend to be at least half full of water.

Today tho' I waited for the rain to stop, then headed out to do the Ladder Hill loop for the second time this week, just a short ride really, but then my strength and fitness is not good at the moment.

DCC have sucked all the fun out of the track behind Whitehall, but they have at least repaired their repairs by tarmacing over the centre strip that they left loose which would have in time destroyed their efforts.

So, no off-road riding until you get to Wythenlathe;


Then onto the Ladder Hill track and its techy climb. Last Wednesday I cleaned it no problem, today I made a right hash of things. I fell off, well toppled sideways, bending my mech hanger and messing up the gearshift. A few turns of the barrel adjuster helped, but I'll be straightening it (or fitting a new one) before next weekend. I could blame the damp conditions, or that there's been vehicular traffic loosening things up, but the reality is that I was crap. I did help myself to some blackberries tho'.

After Ladder Hill I turned left and headed home and cleaned the bike ready for fixing. Not the best ride, but better than staying at home looking out the window.


Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment