Wednesday, 6 August 2025

Testing gears and cutting branches

A quick spin this morning. I needed to test my gears after straightening the mech hanger, which I bent during my last ride. So, over the golf course, up the road, and over the gate into the old quarry. I turned left for a change, to see if I could ride all the way around but found that the way is blocked by a huge pile of earth, which I'm sure wasn't there last Autumn. So, I turned round and as I had stuck a pair of secateurs into my top tube bag I spent some time cutting back the foliage along the path as I went along.


I rode around as far as I could, noting that the life ring had done a bunk again. Saturday's job will be restoring the errant bugger back to its rightful place.


Then out of the quarry, up and down lanes and through fields, back into the quarry and off home again.


I did note that the area where the party kids party has been partially cleared, a job that the wild swimmers were planning for September when the weather is cooler and the kids are back to school and the quarry becomes a lot less appealing.
As for me gears, I need to put the bike back on the stand again. More fiddling required.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment