Out in the quarry in the kayak this morning;
I had a couple of targets, one was to return the errant life ring back to its stand, and the other to attach a buoy to a rope that I found last time I paddled there.
The rope already had a small buoy on it, which sat on or just below the surface. There is enough rope to tie a second one in place, so I brought a 10 litre barrel home from work, which was once full of black carrot extract. I towed the buoy out (with the life ring), Dani found the rope, Mike tied the buoy to it. Job done;
Once that was sorted (I'd already returned the life ring) I spotted an airbed partially afloat alongside the bank, so I tied a sling to it and towed it back to the put-in. Then I went out again and picked up a barrel full of rubbish. By this time Dani and Mike had finished their swim, so I got out, transferred the rubbish into a bag and headed for the tip.
A nice morning to be out.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment