Sunday, 10 August 2025

Over the hill to watch the morris

Over the hill today to watch the Powderkegs dance at Whaley Bridge. Leaving town I stopped briefly to snap this aged lorry, I have a soft spot for old Volvos;


Then I headed towards Ladder Hill, stopping a couple of times to take more photos;


Well, the sun's out and the views are good;


I dropped into Whaley down the Shallcross Incline, which I've never ridden, my first time riding on Flexipave. Then to the basin ready to watch the Powderkegs first set at 11.30;


I got asked if I wanted to join, and the answer was yes. Borders morris always seems a bit anarchic, and quite fun. After their first set I headed back home, back up the incline then more up along lanes, stopping for more photos;

Bikes in gateways, not sure if it works or not;


I'm slowly getting stronger. My physio wife tells me that I'm weak in my left leg, and she's given me exercises to do to strengthen it.


Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment