Quite often, actually most often, I take a travel mug of tea with me on a ride. Then I can sit in the middle of nowhere and have a brew and a snack. Mountain biking is considered to be an adrenaline sport, but there's a flip side to that, that is just getting out and enjoying being there, in the moment, either riding or stopping to take in the views, the air, the weather.
Today's tea break was on the moors, close enough to the main roads to watch the cars go by but far enough away that the traffic noise was negligible, the only thing disturbing my peace was a swarm of flies doing fly stuff, moving around in a random manner which must be an important part of being a fly. But, they didn't bother me too much. I did wonder if they were St. Mark's flies but they should be long gone by now.
As I sat a DofE group came by, all clutching paper maps I'm pleased to say. It's good to see young folk out enjoying our countryside.
Life can be busy, hectic, stressful. Sometimes you need to find a quiet spot and do nothing, if only for 10 minutes or so.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment