Whilst in the Cotswolds for Easter we decided to bother the Rollrights, and as it was Easter we went a-botherin' on a Sunday evening to try and avoid the crowds (nothing against crowds mind, but it is nice to get the place to ourselves if possible). There were a few people about, and a few dogs which set Polo off. He's still quite reactive but not nearly as bad as he was 12 months ago.
I didn't try to photograph the whole circle, my camera is rubbish and the light was wrong, so I just took a few shots of individual stones;
Across the road the King Stone can be found;
The unusual, but somehow pleasing, shape is due to folk chipping pieces off 'for luck' in earlier times. Thankfully it is now fenced off. I'd like to say that we now live in more enlightened times, but, Sycamore Gap...
Not a stone, but the concrete remains of an ROC post;
Nearby lie the Whispering Nights, again enclosed;
A nice evening bother, although they don't quite have the allure of my local Peak stones.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment