I didn't fancy a long ride today, and I also fancied something different so I pumped up the tyres on my ancient On-One Inbred and took that out for a short spin. I just did my figure-of-eight through the quarry and round the fields, and that was quite enough for me on a lazy Sunday morning.
It was nice to get out on this bike again, I don't think I've touched it for a couple of years. And it was good to get back to singlespeeding, something I used to really enjoy. The Mojito left a good few years ago, it was fun at the time but along came the fatty and so it was sold. The Inbred however is staying, if only for sentimental value. I know 26" wheels are outdated, V brakes are crap and the front end is too low (quite why the idiots at On-One cut the steerer tube that short is beyond me) but for short quick rides it's fun. I do plan to raise the front end, I'm going to try higher rise bars and a riser stem, which should help as the set-up at the moment gives me neck ache after a while.
I'll be out on it again before too long.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment