Saturday, 11 January 2025

Too much snow...

 We've had more snow at the start of this week, and some freezing temperatures during the week, so I was hoping for good snowy riding conditions today. No such luck. 

The Old Macc. Road wasn't too bad, icy in places but I've seen it worse.


Turning around I saw a cloud inversion over town;


My plan was to get onto Drystone Edge and have a brew and a muffin. To get there I turned left towards Axe Edge;


The snow however was soft and deep, too deep to ride so I turned round and carried on up to the Cat & Fiddle. There I looked at the Danebower Hollow bridlepath, took a photo of the bike, then headed back down the road and along the cut-through between the Congleton/Macclesfield roads and the Leek road. I was hoping that Danebower would attract a lot of walkers who could groom the trail for me, but no such luck.



Icy fencing on the cut-thru;



And across Axe Edge. I hoped to walk the first half and scoot down the other side, but the snow was too deep, knee deep in places, so I walked the entire length of what is usually a good track;



It was along here that I had my tea and snack, and once I reached the main road I rode back into town, in rather a wobbly fashion as by then I'd aired down to 3psi, not that it did me any good.

It was a glorious day and although I didn't achieve my objective I'd had a great time. However, snowshoes might have been more appropriate!


Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment