Sunday, 12 January 2025

A rare outing for me snowshoes.

 Yesterday there was too much snow for the fatbike, so today I decided that snowshoes might be a better option. I was also spurred on by my friend Debbie telling me that she went out in hers on Friday.

The plan was simple, walk up to Lightwood and onto Combs Moss, turn towards Dove, walk awhile, turn back, carry on to Corbar Cross then thru the woods and home. And that is just what I did.

Deep soft snow made the going pretty hard, and even with tails attached I sank in the deeper softer stuff. So on the whole I followed the tracks of the many walkers who'd been up before me. Still, I did appreciate the extra grip that snowshoes give (especially when walking down through the woods) although getting over stiles with them attached is a bugger!

Onto the photos;












Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment