Saturday, 12 July 2025

A paddle and clean up

Back at the old quarry again for the second time this week, I went out on Wednesday morning as well, both times accompanying Dani and the Colonel whilst they swam. It was busy, unsurprising really as it was a nice morning. There were swimmers just finishing when we got there, people camping, and more swimmers turned up whilst we were on the water. 
Today's job was to attach another buoy to a line that I spotted a couple of visits ago, to give the swimmers something else to aim for, there's a few buoys in the water put in by divers which make a good swimming circuit. Once done we had a bit of a clean up, the early group had already filled a bag with bottles. I picked up two inflatables, slashing them with a knife to drain the water out so I could carry them across the deck. I also picked up two pool noodles, which Dani intends to clean up so they could be used for therapy in exercise classes. Lastly I towed the local life ring from under a cliff back to the swimmer's put-in.

Big white container. Too heavy to shift, and there's no eyelets to attach a line to.

Looking towards the put-in.

Today's spoils, two noodles, two inflatables.

On my last visit I removed a couple of air beds that were floating in the water. The site is popular with the local, and not so local yoof, who camp out on a clifftop and leave a right bloody mess behind. To be fair, there are also campers and yoof who don't leave a mess behind, but I suspect that they're in the minority.
A morning well spent.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment