Sunday, 29 June 2025

Early morning mist

 An early paddle today, I picked up Debbie and her paddleboard and set off for the quarry. A misty morning, but quiet. The camping yoof were still in bed and there was no one else on the water, so we had the place to ourselves. I waited for Debbie to pump up her board, then we set off and did a few laps of the quarry, chatting away and just enjoying relaxing on the water. Debbie's training with the local Mountian Rescue team so I was busy quizzing her about that. After 30-40 minutes we decided to get out, by then swimmers were starting to appear. I like the fact that swimmers have claimed this space as their own, if only for a few hours.

Sometimes it's just about being out, whether on water or land, in kayak or boots, on bike or board, just relaxing without pushing yourself.


Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment