Friday, 29 July 2016

Stoney Middleton Fell Race.

Last night saw me entering yet another fell race, this time at Stoney Middleton. There are quite a few weekday fell races in these parts, but as I work shifts I've avoided doing any so far. But as this week I've been on earlies, and had Wednesday off (for reasons that I'll come to in a later post), I thought that a Thursday night race would be in order.

The race started at 7.30, timed to perfection as the rain held off until the drive home. We started from a sports field, ran a long way up a steep tarmac road, ran up and down limestone tracks, through grassy fields, down a slippery loose rocky chute (more limestone) which had the potential to trip us up and throw us onto a barbed wire fence, all around in a big loop which took us back to the start.

I came 133rd out of 188 finishers, with a time of 51:36. Although my pacing was pretty good I reckon that I could have gone a little faster.

Pre-race pic. Oh those legs!


Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment