Saturday, 30 November 2013

In praise of - Salsa seatpost clamps.

Most bikes come with cheap horrible ugly seatpost clamps. Some do a good job of stopping the seatpost slipping down into the frame, but some don't, especially cheaply made quick release jobs.
Salsa clamps are beautifully machined and finished, the q.r. levers are nicely shaped and comfortable in the hand (some levers are just awfull!), and rather than just having a tapped hole for the thread they feature a seperate stainless steel boss (the bolt is also stainless) so you're not going to have any stripped thread or rust problems. Yes they're expensive compared to other offerings but quality costs, and slipping seatposts irritate!
I like them so much that 3 out of my 4 bikes have them fitted, and I've just bought this for Dani's Genesis;


Dani's new pink Salsa seatpost clamp.

...and fitted to her Genesis.

I never move my seatpost so I just fit the plain versions;

The plain 'Lip-Lock' version.

I really like these!

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment