Tuesday, 13 August 2013

A First Post.

My name is Paul and this is my blog about messing about in the outdoors.

Self portrait, Goyt's Moss, March 2013
I live in the Peak District with my wife Dani and our two Spaniels. The Peaks are a great place for walking, running, mountain biking and climbing. I'm also a canoeist and can sometimes be found in a kayak. And then there's the Land Rover...

The Landy parked at Danebower, patiently awaiting my return. March 2013


I'm not particulary good at any one thing but I do feel that you don't have to be good at something to enjoy it.

Unfortunetely I haven't been Getting Out much recently, the 'summer' months are usually spent working seven days a week in a factory, overtime tends to be seasonal so I work hard when its available. The winter months are quieter, which suits me because I love snow and like to go snowshoeing in the Goyt Valley when conditions are right.

However, I'm going to make the effort to Get Out more over the next few months, and I'll try to write up my experiences here.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment