Up early today, porridge for breakfast, out the door just after 8. There was snow on the ground and rain forecast for later. Early starts are better for snow days anyway, best to get out before the 4x4s compress the snow to ice on the sideroads and byways and when everyone else is still eating breakfast.
I rode the same route as last week, and even stopped for tea in the same spot, but different conditions make for a different experience. Those conditions were, on the whole, pretty good, there was slush, but not too much, and where the snow laid deep the bike floated over. The only downsides were when the snow sat on wet boggy ground, then rear Edna struggled for grip.
Anyway, I first went along the Old Macc.;
The only other people seen this morning were dog walkers, one by the C&F and the other on Orchard.
A good ride. I wore a new pair of gloves, Dexshell Stretchfits bought in error (I should have bought the warmer Drylites) which worked ok on the second half of the ride but were too cold for the more exposed and windier first half. But, they were half price.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment