Out on the bike again this morning, on a nice foggy day. I've mentioned before how I like riding in the mist, enjoying that air of solitude and mystery you get when vision is reduced. It does have its downside when on the road, so a pair of LED back lights are always carried this time of year for those unavoidable tarmac sections.
I headed up the Old Macc. to the Cat & Fiddle, then headed across Danebower Hollow in thick fog;
There's always litter along this track, people park up and walk part way along for the view and throw their rubbish down. I fitted a large Alpkit Stem Cell to the bars and lined it with a poo bag and soon filled it with wrappers, a can and a bottle;
Missing from the above bottle top is "and take your fucking rubbish home with you!".
Anyway, I made my way over to 3 Shires Head, where the mist was thinning;
It was pretty quiet today;
So I stopped, drank my tea and ate a bar of marzipan whilst listening to the water;
I then headed across to Axe Edge, watching the mist make its way across the moors;
Then headed home for mushroom soup and a shower.
A good ride.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment