With fair weather and dry ground under my wheels it looked set to be an enjoyable, if short romp, and so it was. I suprised myself by riding the route from memory, without recourse to map, with no unplanned diversions or even any moments of doubt. As for the ride, a moorland trail led to sweet sweet singletrack contouring around a hill, fields stony with added moo-cow blockade (they moved eventually, in their own time) more sweet trail centresque singletrack, a ford, some uphill tarmac (time for reflection), a lovely technical ascent leading onto Houndkirk Road. Houndkirk Road was super fun, some rocky sections which most would avoid gave opportunities for rock crawling, some sections were rode flat out, on others I deliberately rode bad lines, and every now and then I got air, not much but enough for someone who prefers both wheels on the ground.
The whole ride was only 12k, but despite being a short ride I thoroughly enjoyed myself and drove home with a smile on my face.
I only took two photos today;
| Totley Moor, looking towards Sheffield. |
| Houndkirk Lane. |
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment