Saturday, 30 April 2016

The view from Shutlingslow on the last day of April.

This year I'm concentrating on running. No pavement pounding for me (well, not much anyway...), Derbyshire's fells and trails are where its at in my dog-eared book. The book in question is 'Peak District Trail Running, now getting very dog-eared. I quite like a good guide book, on one hand they seem a bit redundant when you have a shelf full of OS maps, but they are a good way of finding routes in places where I wouldn't normally go, and pointing out odd spots in places that I should know.
Anyway, todays route took me from the Cat + Fiddle (closed, as in closed rather than as in not open) across the moors and tracks to Shutlingslow, down to Macc. Forest and then back to the C+F, 11k in all. The weather was reasonably fair when I set out, but turned to drizzle and then rain. As I got closer to S.low rain turned to hail, I donned my new £9.99 Aldi running jacket, then the hail promptly stopped. Until I reached the summit then it snowed. The view looked like this;



Small Dog wasn't overly impressed with his lot;

The rest of the run was spent in a mixture of rain in drizzle, apart from the final kilometre when I was back in hail. I'm not complaining though, not at all. I like a bit of weather when I'm running, somehow a bit of precipitation adds to the experience.

Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment