I've just fitted some brake cable oilers to the Mojito, after finding a packet in Dalby Forest bikeshop. These sit partway along a cable run and have a hole drilled in the side to allow oil to be squirted into the cable, which makes sense on bikes which have fully covered cables. Two sizes are made, 5mm for brake cables and 4mm for gears. They're made from anodised aluminium and come in different colours;
 |
| Middleburn Cable Oilers. |
Three are supplied, two for the back brake cable and one for the front. I marked the cable where I wanted it to be cut with insulating tape before stripping it off the bike, cutting it, rethreading the cable onto the inner along with the oilers and finally reconnecting the brake calipers.
 |
| Oiler threaded onto cable. |
 |
| Fixed in place. |
Sliding the 'O' ring to one side reveals an oil port allowing you to squirt GT85, WD40 etc. into the cable.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment