Sunday, 13 October 2013

Ladybower 2, with added rain.

I've been itching to do this ride again, so today after work I ignored the wind and rain, ate noodles and strapped the bike to the back of the Landy and headed for Ladybower. Dani planned a road ride so I was on my own.
Within a few yards of riding I was wet, and climbing up past Crook Hill the opposite side of the valley where I would be heading looked bleak. I like bleak... Last time I rode here the ground was dry and grip good, today was a different story, wet and muddy which made the back end slide around a bit but thats just added sport. The new front tyre (Bontrager 29-4) performed superbly, never sliding or losing grip.

Heading towards Hagg Side in the rain.
The Gores farm descent was enlived with a layer of leaves and mud on the rock steps, perhaps even more fun for it?
The ascent up to Derwent Edge was hard work. As I was climbing a couple of cyclists came down from the Edge, and for some reason I found it quite refreshing that they were helmetless, not caring a jot about coming off and potentially losing higher brain functions. The weather had started to clear up and was now merely overcast.

Looking down Ladybower from the climb to Derwent Edge.
Derwent Edge and beyond was muddy apart from the final rocky section to the road. By the time I'd ridden back to the A57 the rain had started again, not that I cared as the Landy and a mug of tea were close.
Total time was 2 hours and 3 minutes, I was hoping to do the ride in under 2 hours. Maybe next time.

Found, one pedal reflecter. A grid reference is available on request...
Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment