Sunday, 28 June 2026

Unexpected rain.

I've not been out on the bike for a few weeks, sometimes life's like that. Before riding I checked me Camelbak, and wondered why I carry a waterproof at this time of year. Anyway, I left it in there, filled up with water and left the house. I did one of my regular routes, planning to detour onto a ridge whilst the ground is baked solid for a brew stop.

Before I got too far it started raining. I carried on, thinking it was just a passing shower, but the rain just got worse, not terrible, not overly cold, but enough to warrant me stopping and putting on that waterproof that I noted earlier (a cheap lightweight running one from Aldi, does the job). I abandoned my plan to climb onto the ridge and instead took a couple of swigs of tea in my usual spot sheltered behind a drystone wall before heading home, wet but satisfied with my jaunt.



Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment