We were up and out early this morning, heading for Hordron Edge to bother the stone circle up there. There's a lay-by close to Cutthroat Bridge on the A57, which was actually quite busy when we arrived with, I think, 'wild' campers returning from a night on the moors. There certainly were quite a few folk heading back to their cars with sleeping bags and mats attached to their backpacks. I say 'wild' because true wild camping is, in my book, a low-key affair where no trace is left and I suspect a lot of mess got left behind.
There's a decent path running below the edge from the road, which we followed for about half a kilometre before heading up the edge, towards a triangular Toblerone shaped rock, and onto the plateau above. The circle was easy to find, but I suspect that it will be better hidden later in the year when the vegetation grows.
We returned by following a rough track north from the circle then heading down the edge and back to the main path, mainly so we could avoid other dogs as Polo is very reactive (something we're working on).
A nice short adventure for a Sunday morning.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment