Foggy today.
Good conditions for a ride?
I think so.
There's just something about riding in the fog, watching it blow across the moors, trying to make out shapes in the mist, enjoying the quiet, wondering what's up ahead.
Not being able to see much takes away any distractions and does I feel free the mind to concentrate on the ride, the feeling of the terrain underwheel and the noise of the tyres and transmission, and at the same time allows it to wander off. Riding frees up my mind, clears my head, allows me to breath, resets my mind, fogriding more so.
There are downsides, I prefer to ride places that I know well and riding on the road isn't great, but at this time of year I always carry lights and anyway I try to keep any road mileage at a minimum.
You can keep summer, these conditions are what I like best.
Paul.
No comments:
Post a Comment